|Burger King Challenge||burgerking|
|Castrol Ford GT||castrol|
Defeat one of the opponents on the blacklist. You will get two marks to use on several different things. Do not use them on the Uniques early in the game. Instead, use them on the middle or the left "Random" choices. They should usually come out to either a large cash bonus or the opponent's pink slip.
When completing a race, if the police radio in the car you are driving and you do not want to run from them, press Down and choose another race. Alternately, you may also jump to your safe house (must be done before you are seen or the pursuit begins). If not, you must drive to it yourself in Cool Down mode. To jump to the safe house, pause the game and press Right until seen. Additionally, upon reaching level 4 (Most Wanted) there will be a lot of police chasing you. At this level, cops are excellent at boxing you in. If you cannot move forward, use reverse for a couple of seconds to get away from the block; spin your car around and get out of there.
The best way to escape the police is to evade long enough to get into Cool Down mode, then find a hiding spot. By sticking to the cities you will find lots of Cool Down spots to sit and hide your car until the heat is off. This is also a good way to avoid helicopters which appear if your reach level 4 on your map. Another good method is to run into the triangles on your map, which mark places where you can ram into shops and other roadside items to disable the cops. Highways are good places to get blockades and strike strips which are challenges for milestones. Additionally, never respawn your car in a pursuit, as the police will always catch you.
An easy way to get away from cops at high wanted levels is to find the baseball field. Look on the map for a small triangle towards the top left. Use highways in a circle around the field to achieve your missions. Once you have gained enough bounty, city damage, roadblocks, etc., drive through an entrance to the baseball field, hitting the pursuit breaker on the way in. Make sure that you slow down some before hitting the breaker so that it does not send you through the other side of the field. Once you make it in the field, stay there and wait out the Cool Down period. The cops should be off of you and will not be able to find you. This works almost all the time to get rid of the cops. Just driving through random blockers rarely works when you are at wanted levels 4 and 5.
- Heat Level 1: Marked patrol cars and cruisers. They mostly chase and
try to run you off the road. If you have a quick car, they are not hard
to get away from.
Heat Level 2: Unmarked patrol cars and cruisers, roadblocks. The police mainly try to ram you off the road and setup roadblocks. Avoid roadblocks by doing an emergency brake lock U-turn or go through them. You can get through by ramming the cars on either end of the roadblock or by going through a weak point like the sawhorse or a gap between the cars. Use Speedbreaker to see the weak point in the roadblocks and use nitrous to ram straight through. Some road blocks will not extend all the way across the road -- you can go through where they have not placed a car.
Heat Level 3: Marked GTO (Monaro) police cars, marked 4WDs (Rhinos), rolling road blocks, roadblocks. These are quicker and you need to use objects to knock down in front of them to disable them. Lead the chase with these vehicles through the cities to use knock down points (for example, the giant donut sign, etc.) to disable the vehicles and end the chase. Then, find somewhere to hide when you hit Cool Down mode. "Rhinos" will ram you from the front. Listen for the call over the police radio. You can usually see these coming on your map or on the road ahead. Depending on which car you have, you can get away with ramming them head on. Otherwise, just use Speedbreaker again to change lanes before they ram you.
Heat Level 4: Unmarked GTO (Monaro) police cars, helicopters, spike strips. The unmarked GTOs (Monaros) usually chase in packs and are very hard to avoid. They will try to box you in by surrounding the car from the front and back and slamming the brakes to take away any room you have to escape. Avoid this by staying ahead and using the same tactics used in level 3. For the helicopters, use tunnels and underground parking lots to escape from them. When they spot you, they can radio the police to your location. Spike strips are set up usually on main roads and highways. You can see them on the map when you see only one vehicle over to left of the road not driving (i.e., pulled over). Aim for the police car and use nitrous to ram it and get away. If you hit the spike strip you will get caught.
Heat Level 5: You will not reach this level until you are at Blacklist #3. When you reach this level, all the best and toughest police come out. The helicopters get more aggressive, there are more spikes, and more belts are called in on you. You must also deal with "cross" cop Corvettes. Cross and his team will apprehend you at all cost. Like in level 4, the unmarked GTO cars will surround and box you in and hit the brakes. Corvettes will also try to use rolling road blocks. If you reach level 5, make sure you are in your fastest vehicle. You will need the nitrous.
- Heat level 3 (State Police): Defeat the Blacklist Rival #13.
- Heat level 4 (Undercover State Troopers): Defeat the Blacklist Rival #9.
- Heat level 5 (Federal Authorities): Defeat the Blacklist Rival #5.
- Heat level 6 (Cross' Street Racin' Unit): Defeat the Blacklist Rival #1 (final level only).
- After you beat the Rockport's Most Wanted level, Heat level 5 will then consist of both the Federal Authorities and Cross' Street Racin' Unit.
After beating Blacklist #8, you will have a choice to buy the Lotus Elise. At this point you should have enough money to buy it. If not, you may want sell to get enough money. Once you have the money, buy that car. It is great at road handling, and is very fast once you have maxed out its performance. Note: The stock top speed and handling do not look high at first.
- Aston Martin DB9: Blacklist Rival #7
- Audi A3 3.2 Quattro: Blacklist Rival #15
- Audi A4 3.2 FSI Quattro: Blacklist Rival #14
- Audi TT 3.2 Quattro: Blacklist Rival #15
- BMW GTR (Race version): Blacklist Rival #1
- Cadillac CTS: Blacklist Rival #12
- Corvette C6: Blacklist Rival #5
- Corvette C6.R: Complete 100% of the game
- Dodge Viper SRT 10: Blacklist Rival #6
- Ford GT: Blacklist Rival #4
- Lamborghini Gallardo: Blacklist Rival #6
- Lamborghini Murcielago: Blacklist Rival #4
- Lotus Elise: Blacklist Rival #8
- Mazda RX-7: Blacklist Rival #9
- Mazda RX-8: Blacklist Rival #12
- Mercedes-Benz CLK 500: Blacklist Rival #8
- Mercedes-Benz SL 500: Blacklist Rival #11
- Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren: Blacklist Rival #3
- Mitsubishi Eclipse: Blacklist Rival #14
- Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII: Blacklist Rival #11
- Mustang GT: Blacklist Rival #12
- Pontiac GTO: Blacklist Rival #10
- Porsche 911 Carrera S: Blacklist Rival #7
- Porsche 911 Turbo S: Blacklist Rival #5
- Porsche Carrera GT: Blacklist Rival #3
- Porsche Cayman S: Blacklist Rival #10
- Renault Clio V6: Blacklist Rival #13
- Subaru Impreza WRX STi: Blacklist Rival #9
- Toyota Supra: Blacklist Rival #13
- Vauxhall Monaro VXR: Blacklist Rival #10
Cheat Code Central (http://s.tt/1dCpp)